For the yogurt sauce:
- 1 soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of parsley
- A pinch of white pepper (black is ok)
For the spices:
- 1/2 teaspoon of whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
For the stuffing:
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 2 tablespoons of pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- For the yogurt and mustard sauce: mix all ingredients well and store in the fridge.
- For the spices: In a mortar crush the clove and cumin, then add the rest of spices- paprika, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- For the filling: Chop the garlic, onion and carrot more or less fine.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C/360º F
- Cut the aubergines in half and cut out the meat in a circular fashion, leaving approximately half a cm border around the edge . Drizzle with oil and roast 15/20 mint, depending on how crispy you want them.
- In a pan fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes with olive oil, then add the carrot and eggplant meat and cook a few more minutes. Add the olives, capers and pine nuts and integrate well. Finish with the tomato sauce and the mixture of spices.
- Lower the heat and cook all the vegetables stirring periodically until the tomato loses all the liquid and the mixture has cooked well.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven and fill them with the vegetable mix.
- Serve and finish with the yogurt sauce on top and a little bit of chopped parsley.