- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cm piece ginger,peeled, finely grated
- 3 cm piece fresh turmeric, peeled, finely grated or 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 dried chili
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 14 gr dried kombu (about 1/2 sheet)
- 1 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
Noodles and Assembly
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 170 gr fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, thinly cliced
- 1 small garlic clove
- 200 gr thin brown rice noodle or soba
- 100 gr brocoli
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such coriander, mint, shiso, basil…
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- toasted sesame seeds, hot sauve, and toasteed sesame oil for serving
- Combine mushrooms, ginger, chile, garlic, kombu, turmeric, and 4 1/2 cups water (1250 ml) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, cover, then reduce heat to very low and cook 25 min to infuse broth.
- Strain the broth , discard solids. Wipe out pot, pour the broth back in and bring to a simmer
- Mix the miso paste and 1 Tbsp broth. Stir miso mixture and soy sauce into broth
- Season with salt.
- Keep hot
Noodles and assembly
- Steam broccoli during 2 mint and reserve
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown
- Remove the pan from heat, great garlic over mushrooms, and stir to combine (garlic will cook in residual heat of mushrooms)
- Season with salt
- Boil the noodles according the instructions
- Divide noodle and broth between bowls. Top with mushrooms, broccoli, kimchi, herbs, and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with hot sauce and sesame oil before serving.