- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-2/3 Cup water to boil the quinoa
- 5 dry tomatoes hydrated in oil (If you have them dry you can hydrate them in hot water for half an hour)
- 1/2 Cup basil (packed) 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (If you do not have use pine nuts or almonds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon wheat Grass powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (If you do not have this you can use Parmesan)
- a pinch of salt
- In a food processor add basil, garlic, oil, hemp seeds, wheat grass, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Wash the quinoa to remove the bitter taste (saponin) and boil until it absorbs water, about 15 min.
- Mix in a bowl of pesto and quinoa and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve and add dry hydrated tomatoes.
- To garnish I used tomato crackers and pickled garlic.