1⁄4 cup cacao powder
1⁄4 cup cacao butter, melted
2 tablespoons almond butter
6 tablespoons liquid sweetener 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3⁄4 teaspoon spirulina
3⁄4 teaspoon maca
2 tablespoons goji berries
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Blend all ingredients except for goji berries, hemp seeds, and sunflower seeds until smooth.
- Stir in goji berries, hemp seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Prepare a loaf pan by greasing the sides with coconut oil and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour blended ingredients into prepared pan.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour to set.
- Fudge can be stored in the freezer or refrigerator for several weeks.
- The best way to melt cacao butter is to shave the cacao butter block with a knife, place shavings in a heat-proof bowl and melt over warm water in the double boiler method.It’s good habit to keep all utensils and bowls dry when working with cacao butter or cacao paste, as moisture can cause the chocolate to seize.
- The rich cacao flavor and color of this recipe allow the spirulina to disappear beautifully - your superfood secret!
- Fudge recipes are incredible versatile - try this base recipe with hazelnut or cashew butter, flavorings like orange zest or peppermint extract, or other superfoods like goldenberries or maqui powder.
- If you prefer a darker chocolate flavor, reduce the sweetener in this recipe and stir in cacao nibs.