- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely cut
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 kale leaves, stalk removed
- few slices of avocado
- 1 cup (250 gr) firm tofu
For tofu marinating:
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce (best if low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne
- pinch of salt
- Start by removing the excess water from tofu by cutting it into slices about 3 cm thick. Then, with a rag or kitchen paper squeeze and remove the excess water. This will help absorb the flavors better.
- In a bowl mix the ingredients to marinate the tofu: almond “milk”, nutritional yeast, tamari, mustard, turmeric, cayenne and salt. Cut the tofu into small squares and crumble with your fingers (they should be “imperfectly shaped”) and add to the mixture.
- In a frying pan heat the oil using medium heat, fry the garlic and onion for 5 minutes and then add the kale and cook for 1 more minute.
- Finally, add the marinated tofu and cook 4-5 mint.
- I like to serve with a few slices of avocado, a little cayenne and a dash of salt.